Friday, January 27, 2012

My Kids Say The Darndest Things

Garrison: (hitting his sister in the head with a snowglobe).
Grayson: "Mooommmm, he keeps hitting me with this snowball"

Me: "Grayson, be a friend" (while playing with her cousins)
Grayson: "I'm just not in the mood, right now"

Garrison: "Hat"
Me: "Yes, that is a hat, that's a cowboy hat. Can you say cowboy hat?"
Garrison: "Mooooooo, hat"

Grayson: (Introducing herself & her brother) "This is my husband, Gio"

(Garrison climbed onto a chair that was still under the kitchen table)
Garrison: "stuck, stuck, stuck, stuck, stuck, stuck, stuck, stuck, stuck" (I didn't know that word was in his vocabulary. There was no sense of panic or urgency in his voice, just certainty. Which, is what made it even more hilarious).

(Grayson with jewel adorned plastic high heels on, purse on shoulder, and pushing her baby around in a stroller)
Grayson: "Mom, you know I am a wife?"
Me: "No, I didn't know that. Who is your husband?"
Grayson: "Well, he is 25 and lives at the North Pole."

(Grayson going on and on and on in the backseat of the car about a dragon that is stuck in our house. I heard her say something about Daddy and it caught my attention. I was expecting to hear how Daddy saved the day).
Me: "Grayson, what did Daddy do with the dragon?"
Grayson: "He did nothing, Daddy is SO scared of dragons!"

Daddy: "Grayson, you need to pick up your art stuff now"
Grayson: "Mom, my dad is driving me nuts!"

Daddy: "Grayson, it's time to clean up the toys"
Grayson: "Dad, don't bully me!"

(Putting Grayson to bed)
Grayson: "Mommy, will you lay with me and 'sungle' me?"
Me: "Sure, Grayson"
Grayson: "Mommy, I am going to stay with you forever."
Me: "I HOPE so Grayson" *tear, tear*

No comments:

Post a Comment